Deadline to Sign up is Wednesday, July 14th
Balcony Beauty Contest Rules
ENTRY: All rooms in the A or A/B section of the New Hotel Collection are eligible to participate in the Balcony Beauty Contest. Each entry must have a Team Leader who coordinates the entry and participation with the IKC. Each Team Leader must submit their entry via the IKC Website by Wednesday, July 14th.
Any krewe can enter more than one balcony, but the Team Leader must be different for each balcony.No Double balconies are permitted, i.e., krewes cannot decorate two adjoining balconies and count them as one entry.
All decorating must be completed by Noon on Saturday, July 17th. No exceptions.
Participants must adhere to the following rules to be eligible to win:
- Teams may begin decorating as soon as they check-in to the room on Friday, July 16th
- As soon as possible after check-in, each Team Leader sends an email to Carnivale@interkrewe.com, confirming the floor and room number of their entry, and the title.
- All decorating must be completed by Noon on Saturday, July 17th. No exceptions.
- Decorations must be appropriate and kept to community standards, remembering that there are children on the property and your decoration might also be seen from the beach.
- Your display may not do any damage to the rail or balcony:
- Use only clear tape or mounting putty to attach decorations.
- Do not glue anything to the rail or balcony wall.
- Do not use any permanent marker or other persistent chemical on the hotel’s structures.
- Decorations may not hang over the rail so far that they obstruct the balcony or room below.
- If any decorations should fall from the balcony, they will strike the waterpark below so please make sure decorations are secure.
- All decorations must be removed by check-out time, 11AM, Sunday July 18th.
Balconies will be evaluated on the following three criteria:
- Visual impact
Volunteer judges will be randomly selected.
Judging will take place at 1:00 PM on Saturday July 17th.
- One winning Team will be chosen as the funniest
- One winning Team will be chosen as the most creative
- One overall winner will be chosen as the Grand Prize Winner
Announcement of the winners and presentation of the awards will be at the Saturday night dinner.
Grand Prize Winner – IKC dues for the winning krewe will be paid for the 2022 season.
Prizes for the funniest and most creative are commemorative plaques for their bragging rights and, if the krewe likes, to display on their float.