It’s time to challenge your bartending skill, and enter the Blue Hawaii Mixology contest, to be held at 3:00 pm at Beachside in the New Hotel Collection.
Deadline to Sign up is Wednesday, July 14th
Let the games begin!
The contest will be a blind taste test, judged by seven Carnivale attendees selected at random. One Gold winner gets bragging rights and gets a waiver of their 2022 IKC dues. Silver and Bronze winners and the People’s Choice winner get bragging rights and a commemorative plaque for their float.
Carnivale attendee will receive in one vote ticket to select the People’s Choice winner during Beachside lunch.
RULES1. Each Krewe who participates in the drink contest will can prepare only one drink to represent the Krewe.
2. Krewes entering the contest will submit the attached entry form on the IKC Website no later than the DEADLINE of 5PM, July 14th. No exceptions! Notification must include:
- Krewe Name
- Name of the Beverage Entry
- Details for Carnivale guests who have sensitivities and preferences:
- Main type of alcohol (rum, vodka, etc.)
- Any allergens in the drink (dairy, soy milk, nuts or nut milk, egg products)
3. All Krewes will bring one gallon of their drink in a container, (please put in a disposable container) to the New Hotel Beachside patio no later than 2:30PM on Saturday July 17th. Contest organizers will give a number to the Krewe representative, and the number will be written on their containers for identification.
4. All Krewes must bring their own garnishes, ice, stirrers, smaller containers for pouring.
5. At 3PM, the judges will be given their judging forms and asked to taste all of the drink entries.
6. After the judges have finished their tastings, all Carnivale attendees are welcome to enjoy the drink entries, and place their vote in the People’s Choice Ballot Box before 5PM.
7. All drink containers and related items must be removed from the New Hotel Beachside patio by the end of the event.
Judging: Judges will be selected AT RANDOM from the list of Carnivale attendees. This is a blinded contest. Judges will not know which drink belongs to which krewe. SO DON’T TELL THEM.
Contest organizers will provide judging sheets for judges to fill in.
Judges will be asked to vote:
- First Choice - Gold
- Second Choice - Silver
- Third Choice - Bronze
Upon finishing tasting all entries, the Judges will give their judging sheets to the Contest organizers.
For Gold, Silver and Bronze winners, contest organizers will tally the judges scoring sheets. If one drink clearly wins first place, the Gold goes to that Krewe. Same for Silver and Bronze, if there are clear second and third place winners. If there is no clear Gold winner, the Gold goes to the drink with the most total votes, the Silver goes to the next highest vote count, and the Bronze to the third highest vote count.
For the Peoples Choice, contest organizers will tally the votes and there will be ONE winner. If there is no clear winner, the People’s Choice goes to the drink with the most total votes.Once the final count is complete, announcement of the winner and presentation of the awards will be at the Saturday night dinner. Total vote counts will be included in the announcement.
Gold Winner – IKC dues for the winning krewe will be paid for the 2022 season. Prizes for the Silver, Bronze, and People’s Choice winners are commemorative plaques for their bragging rights and, if the krewe likes, to display on their float.
*Due to the nature of the contest, entry drinks must be premixed. The New Hotel Beachside Patio can’t accommodate on-site slushy machines, blenders, etc.